Lost & Found Crafts will be closing today at 4:00, and will remain closed for a couple/few weeks, while we wait and see what the coronavirus is going to do. All classes/groups are cancelled for now. The basket weaving class on April 18 is up in the air - a decision will be made on that in a few weeks.
I will still be listing items online for purchase, and making up kits to keep kids/adults happy and busy while we're all at home. This will be pick-up only, so if you either put a note in your order or text/call me with a time you'd like to come to the store, I will meet you and bring your items to your car. Click the shopping link in the upper right corner to see what's available!
I hope you all stay safe and healthy during this uncertain time. Please be kind to each other, and check in with your neighbors and loved ones.
Happy Crafting & Happy Health,
Starting next weekend, Feb. 28, 2020, the Cricut Maker will be available for rent in the Lost & Found classroom in 30-minute increments. You can design your project at home in Design Space (free, unless you want to subscribe to Cricut Access) and come to the store to cut. This is a great option if you don’t want to spend the $350+ to get a Cricut Maker, or want to just try it out from time to time.
Some info & rules around the rental:
· The store has a Cricut Access account so you can rent the space for more than 30 minutes if you want to use that & design while you’re there (2-hour time limit).
· I have mats, tools, pens and most blades. I do NOT have project materials. There is cardstock, felt & fabric in the store for purchase, and I may have some basic vinyl (black, brown, etc.) available to purchase in 12x12 sheets but please don’t count on this.
· No chipboard or balsa wood cutting. I know it’s the cool thing that the Maker does, but these take HOURS to cut. One person told me her project took 10 hours (!!!) to cut on chipboard. Wood veneers don’t take as long, so those are ok (but plan on it taking more than 30 minutes… depends on project size).
· The rental time is not a class. I can answer basic questions and help a bit if the store is not busy, but otherwise, you’re on your own.
· Sign ups: For right now, you’ll have to text, call or sign up in person. I’ll have a sign-up sheet available in the store. Hopefully within a month this feature will be online.
· PRICE: $5 (plus tax) for 30 minutes. Subject to change. We’ll see how it goes for awhile. 😊
Please only use the Cricut as intended by the manufacturer. Any costs due to damage incurred for not using as intended will be passed along to the user. Normal wear & tear is covered by Lost & Found Crafts.
The beautiful, and expensive, Cricut Maker
Have you ever wanted to try out a new craft, but didn't want to invest the money to buy new craft supplies? Have you ever wanted to do something extra to help the environment, and lessen the load on our landfills?
Lost & Found Crafts can help you with both of these things. Our craft store is all secondhand crafting materials, saved from the landfill, ready for your creative reuse. We have all sorts of craft supplies to try out, and we also have classes to help teach you a new hobby!
Can a craft store be more than just a place to buy craft supplies? Absolutely! Our staff is always on hand to help offer ideas and inspiration, and can help keep an eye out for those hard-to-find crafting items you're looking for.
We also very gladly take donations of your secondhand crafting supplies. Creative reuse centers are successful with the support of the community. Because we are not a non-profit, we cannot give you a tax deduction form, but we will give you 10% off your next purchase or 10% off a class. Please contact us if you have items to donate!
We also offer craft classes. Check the event page, or the event section of our Facebook page (the link is in the "contact us" section).
We are makers and artists, just like you! Be sure to let us know what you are working on. Send us a picture of your finished project and feedback on how the craft supplies worked for you.
If you can't find what you're looking for in the store or online, please drop us a note or tell us next time you're in. We are happy to keep our eyes out and give you a call or email when what you're looking for is donated.
Donations are the bread & butter of a creative reuse center, and are very much appreciated! The list to the left are general guidelines. The more interesting the donations received, the more creative people can get! If you ever have questions about what can/can't be donated, please ask! You can reach us via phone (call or text), email, or stop in and see us. Everybody who donates gets a 10% off coupon to use for more
materials or a class!
Sign up to hear from us about sales on craft supplies, upcoming workshops, and more!