The Cricut Maker will be available for rent in the Lost & Found classroom in 30-minute increments. You can design your project at home in Design Space (free, unless you want to subscribe to Cricut Access) and come to the store to cut. This is a great option if you don’t want to spend the $350+ to get a Cricut Maker, or want to just try it out from time to time.
Some info & rules around the rental:
- The store has a Cricut Access account so you can rent the space for more than 30 minutes if you want to use that & design while you’re there (2-hour time limit).
- I have mats, tools, pens and most blades. I do NOT have project materials. There is cardstock, felt & fabric in the store for purchase, and I may have some basic vinyl (black, brown, etc.) available to purchase in 12×12 sheets but please don’t count on this.
- No chipboard or balsa wood cutting. I know it’s the cool thing that the Maker does, but these take HOURS to cut. I did a small project on chipboard recently, and it took about 2 hours to cut. I’ve heard of other projects taking hours. Wood veneers don’t take as long, so those are ok (but plan on it taking more than 30 minutes… depends on project size).
- The rental time is not a class. I can answer basic questions and help a bit if the store is not busy, but otherwise, you’re on your own.
- Sign ups: For right now, you’ll have to text, call or sign up in person. I’ll have a sign-up sheet available in the store. Hopefully within a month this feature will be online.
- PRICE: $5 (plus tax) for 30 minutes. Subject to change. We’ll see how it goes for awhile. 😊
Please only use the Cricut as intended by the manufacturer. Any costs due to damage incurred for not using as intended will be passed along to the user. Normal wear & tear is covered by Lost & Found Crafts.